Kinergetics KBA 380 / Angstrom 100 pro/pre HT exp.

Hi all,
I'm basically a 2 channel enthusiast but have a seldom used Kinergetics KBA 380 (3 channel amp). Is this amp worth keeping to build a good HT setup with an older Angstrom 100 dd/proc/pre. How would these two older units compare to the more current proc./multi channel amp combinations in the $3000.00 price range for two units. I may build around a Revel M20 or a ProAc Tab 50 Sig with a Sunfire IV subwoofer. Basically, I'd like comments and/or suggestions from HT enthusiasts on whether I should keep or unload these units or present and current owners of either units.

Thank you in advance,

AL
alb24

Showing 1 response by bigkidz

I have and compared the KBA-75 to many amps, Rowland M-112, Krell KAV-2250, Pass X-250, Spectron Musician II, Linar Audio, etc. The Kinergeitcs held its own pretty well where I did not feel that I was loosing that much and in some cases the Kinner was more musical. I am not familiar with your amp but it is in the same family. I have the KBA=75 2 channel amp for sale which could aslo somplete your system.. I did buy the Pass Labs 250 amp but I think a better power cord, ICs and speaker wire may be the bigger bankg for the buck.

Happy Listening.