Kenwood KR-9600

Hello audiogon members
not only I’m beyond amateurish when it comes to vintage audio I’m also a fresh new member with a large amount of questions.
i bought a kenwood kr-9600 yesterday and wondering what speakers I should get to match the amp power which is quite high I believe. I have a pair of Sansui SP2000
would that work? If not what should I look for that is not too expensive ($500 max)Thank you for your help
128x128lemich1964
KR-9600 will have no issues pushing Sansui, however, if you want more detailed and transparent performance, you should find B&W DM602. I think they now sold at your desired price range and they're true giant killers.
Nice - power is king. Make sure you have it recapped, however. Power supply capacitors age, and if they start leaking you will have a very messy amplifier that may well blow up your speakers too. Avoid boutique capacitors - just good quality form the likes of Philips or Panasonic.
If you want to stay vintage all the way the Dahlquist DQ10 would fit nice! The original large Advent would also fit the bill. Here is some info on the Kenwood.
https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/kenwood/kr-9600.shtml
I wanted to thank everyone who had replied. That is truly awesome to get opinion from people who know their stuff.
very appreciated. Have a nice evening all
cheers