JL Gotham F212 v2 vs ?

This is a pricey but seems to be a high quality well made sub. This is for a future listening space that would be 20x30. For some real power but control is there any other subs to consider at that price point or lower?
Thanks!
EDIT SORRY I meant Gotham V2 (not f212).
smodtactical

Showing 4 responses by lalitk

For two channel, there is no substitute for REL subs. As others have pointed out, a pair of S/812 would be the way to go.  
@smodtactical,

The key differentiator between REL subs and any other sub on the market is it’s high level input connectivity. By using the high level cable (included with sub), you connect REL sub from your amplifier’s or receiver’s speaker terminals. It allows RELs to effect a transparent connection to your system that permits utterly seamless blending of main-speaker-to-subwoofer. When properly adjusted, REL will transform your system with dynamics, warmth and body. And not to mention it do so with greater delicacy than you probably ever heard out of your system. None of that bloated, flabby or often overpowering bass you can’t tame from the other subs.

I suggest you read up on this more before making a decision.
“Would you guys do, dual gotham v2 or S/812 6 pack ? Gothams are double the cost almost so not really fair. And 6 pack of no. 25 would be double gotham almost.”

@smodtactical,

What are your room dimensions? Do you have any room treatments?

I am currently using a pair of Carbon Limited and find them more than adequate in my dedicated audio room - 30”W x 15lD x 8”H. I did look at No. 25 last year, I thought they would have overwhelmed my room with their physicality and bass output. No doubt they are gorgeous!!!
^^^^For me, the sub integration in a two channel system...nothing comes close to musicality and simplicity of REL subs.