JBL SA-600

Recently acquired this JBL SA-600 from a friend.  I don’t know much about it, I believe it’s one of the first integrated amps.  

A shop went through it and everything works well.  Comes with paperwork and some one-off schematics from the factory (I was told.) my friend’s Dad was an electrical engineer and requested them direct from JBL.

Anyone know the real world value of this?  I just got a MAC1900 which I plan to use so I’m not sure if I will hold on to this.   I’ve seen prices in the thousands, but I’m not sure if folks are really buying at these prices.  I’ll post some pics soon.

brecchi

My father owned one in the early 70s, which he used to drive some JBL speakers. I also heard one driving Quad ESLs (57s) at Jonas Miller Sound in Beverley Hills; they considered it one of the few solid state amps that played well with Quads. In my half-century-old memory it was a nice clean sounding amp. Dad eventually replaced it with some McIntosh tube stuff, and MX-110 and a MC240, which was generally mellower and more musical. But again, a very old memory.

Thanks lafish3, its nice to hear a personal memory regarding the amp.  At the moment, its sitting safely covered waiting for the right time to be played, or perhaps sold to an enthusiast.