JAM by Duelund

Has anyone tried these new reasonably priced tinned copper caps from Duelund in any positions?

Cheers

S
shertzy
Dear @grannyring : Do you need additional information for I can get your expert advise?

Because I'm not a whealty person I can't go with Duelund or teflon V-caps but to something else you already know works really fine in that speaker crossover aplication.

R.

I really don’t know that speaker at all.  Looked st some online stuff on them, but not much available.  Did you already mod them? Placed the crossover outboard? 
Dear @grannyring : Yes " heavy " moded, here about:

ADS L 2030: This is a Full Range Professional Monitor that I own for many years.

These L 2030 was designed by Mike Kelly ( Aerial speakers ) and till today it match all my priorities.

It is " heavy " tweaked to do that: first it has " three hands " ( internally ) of a insulation/antivibrational treatment ( like a white paint. I can't remember the ingredients. ) from Acoustical Magic Company ( it works marvelous ) inside all the box ( a big one box: 58-5/8" ( H ) x 27-1/4" (W) x 13-1/8" (D) ).

It is internally hard wired with Silver Oval by Analysis Plus cable and KCAG by Kimber Kable.

I take out the crossover ( now is external ) and change all the parts: resistors ( Duelum. ), silver air core solid ribbon ( 5.5 cms. of pure silver. Almost 2kg. of silver in the biguest one. ) inductors ,  by-pass teflon caps, etc, etc, the speakers cables goes soldered directly to the crossover parts. This speaker crossover is hard-wired.

In reality are three separate/stand alone crossovers: one for the tweeter, one for the midrange and the other for the woofer, all these hard-wired directly to the amps ( no connectors. )

I'm only not biamp my system ( with the subs. ) but these ADS main/satellite speakers are true tri-wired in hard-wire directly to each crossover parts in the three way speaker design all the way down to the amplifier output.

I change the internal damping glass fiber by 10kg ( each one ) of long hair 100% virgin wool and change the fabric cloth of the grille for a " transparent one ".

These L 2030 have: One acoustic suspension 1" silk dome tweeter, one main acoustic suspension 2" silk dome midrange, three auxiliar acoustic suspension 2" silk dome midranges ( similar to the main midrange but with a less powerful magnet. ) and two long-excursion acoustic suspension ( sealed. ) paper 14" woofers.

These are exceptional drivers especially the tweeter/main midrange ones.

These are some manufacturer specs:

- Frecuency response: 22-20K +.- 3 db ; 18-28K +.- 5db.

-Efficiency: 95 db SPL.

- Power rating: 300 watts nominal; 1,200 peak.

Weight: 95kg.

Back external tweeters:

These ones was a spare tweeters from a Dalquihst DQM-9 that I owned and already sold.

These tweeters are 1" silk dome ( same efficiency that the front ones ) and are connected in phase with the front ones and works with his own crossover ( with by-pass Teflon cap. ) at around 7k and up and have, too, an off/on switch.

As I told you  the high pass filter is made it inside each 20.6 ML monobloks.

Probably I can use the Sonicaps Platinum or perhaps Jupiter or something else but because I'm restricted on money I need your advise about.

Thank's in advance.

R.

Dear @grannyring : I think that step by step I will go for caps that I already know are really good as the Teflon Cu and/or Sonicap Platinum, first with the speaker tweeter crossover after that with the midrange one.

Now, I need advice on what cap is the best for  the woofer 100 uf cap and the value of the cap to by-pass it.

Can you help about?

Thank's in advance.

R.
Hi @grannyring ,

Does a capacitor quality in the 2nd order speakers LPF make a big difference?
If yes, Which producer and type can you recommend (I need 8uF)?
Do you like Jupiter VT?

Regards,
Alex.