JAM by Duelund

Has anyone tried these new reasonably priced tinned copper caps from Duelund in any positions?

Cheers

S
shertzy
Love to help, but need more info. Please tell us the speaker in question and what you want to gain from the upgrade? What sound quality attributes are you wanting more of or less of? Thanks!
Dear @grannyring : My overall audio system/room target is to stay nearer/truer to the recording and my reference is live music but I’m far away from live music.

My speakers are a pair of old heavy tweaked ADS L2030 ( Silk dome tweeter/midrange and paper woofer. ) paired with two self powered Velodyne HGS-15 subwoofers wired in true stereo fashion. Crossover at around 80hz . The ADS crossover filter is made it directly at the 20.6 amps input due that these amps are coupled by input cap and here is where I’m using Teflon Cu V-caps along Vishay naked resistors.

I’m satisfied with what I have but you know I think that I can have even better quality level performance if I invest in better caps in the speakers crossover where everything is hard wired and seats externally to the speakers. I use pure silver ribbon inductors .

I’m not looking for a very specific atribute but " only " that puts me nearer to the recording.

Even that my system is full SS electronics does not sounds as traditional SS electronics none as tubes but more as music, recorded music with neutral tone and rhiytm along that " power/dynamics " that only live music can has. Truly emotional.

R.
Dear @grannyring : Do you need additional information for I can get your expert advise?

Because I'm not a whealty person I can't go with Duelund or teflon V-caps but to something else you already know works really fine in that speaker crossover aplication.

R.

I really don’t know that speaker at all.  Looked st some online stuff on them, but not much available.  Did you already mod them? Placed the crossover outboard? 
Dear @grannyring : Yes " heavy " moded, here about:

ADS L 2030: This is a Full Range Professional Monitor that I own for many years.

These L 2030 was designed by Mike Kelly ( Aerial speakers ) and till today it match all my priorities.

It is " heavy " tweaked to do that: first it has " three hands " ( internally ) of a insulation/antivibrational treatment ( like a white paint. I can't remember the ingredients. ) from Acoustical Magic Company ( it works marvelous ) inside all the box ( a big one box: 58-5/8" ( H ) x 27-1/4" (W) x 13-1/8" (D) ).

It is internally hard wired with Silver Oval by Analysis Plus cable and KCAG by Kimber Kable.

I take out the crossover ( now is external ) and change all the parts: resistors ( Duelum. ), silver air core solid ribbon ( 5.5 cms. of pure silver. Almost 2kg. of silver in the biguest one. ) inductors ,  by-pass teflon caps, etc, etc, the speakers cables goes soldered directly to the crossover parts. This speaker crossover is hard-wired.

In reality are three separate/stand alone crossovers: one for the tweeter, one for the midrange and the other for the woofer, all these hard-wired directly to the amps ( no connectors. )

I'm only not biamp my system ( with the subs. ) but these ADS main/satellite speakers are true tri-wired in hard-wire directly to each crossover parts in the three way speaker design all the way down to the amplifier output.

I change the internal damping glass fiber by 10kg ( each one ) of long hair 100% virgin wool and change the fabric cloth of the grille for a " transparent one ".

These L 2030 have: One acoustic suspension 1" silk dome tweeter, one main acoustic suspension 2" silk dome midrange, three auxiliar acoustic suspension 2" silk dome midranges ( similar to the main midrange but with a less powerful magnet. ) and two long-excursion acoustic suspension ( sealed. ) paper 14" woofers.

These are exceptional drivers especially the tweeter/main midrange ones.

These are some manufacturer specs:

- Frecuency response: 22-20K +.- 3 db ; 18-28K +.- 5db.

-Efficiency: 95 db SPL.

- Power rating: 300 watts nominal; 1,200 peak.

Weight: 95kg.

Back external tweeters:

These ones was a spare tweeters from a Dalquihst DQM-9 that I owned and already sold.

These tweeters are 1" silk dome ( same efficiency that the front ones ) and are connected in phase with the front ones and works with his own crossover ( with by-pass Teflon cap. ) at around 7k and up and have, too, an off/on switch.

As I told you  the high pass filter is made it inside each 20.6 ML monobloks.

Probably I can use the Sonicaps Platinum or perhaps Jupiter or something else but because I'm restricted on money I need your advise about.

Thank's in advance.

R.