I've been selling heavier gear for lighter gear

I've been thinking about this again. Yesterday I wrapped my freshly sold 55lb ss amp in a buncha bubble wrap, double boxed w/styro sides, then took to mail store (rolled in on a dolly). Later in the day I returned to pick up my 2nd Carver Black Magic tube amp, which weighs all of about 20lbs. If I hadn't bought them was gonna buy van Alstine monos, which are also small & light. 

Earlier this year sold 110lb speakers and bought kef blade 2 (80 lbs & easy to maneuver). 

I've been moving the platform stands around a bit for mono placements, and having lightweight amps is soooo relaxing. How about here, how bout there, np. 

Anyhoots, who else factors in the tonnage of the gear they buy? Any other 'lightweight' fans like me? 

128x128zufan

I had a gigantic 90lb KR Audio some years back that cured me from wanting heavy gear ever again. I max out at 50lbs these days and none of my current gear even weighs that.

Earlier this year sold 110lb speakers and bought kef blade 2 (80 lbs & easy to maneuver). 

Anyhoots, who else factors in the tonnage of the gear they buy? Any other 'lightweight' fans like me? 

Same here.  Went with the KEF Blade 2 Meta and monoblock Benchmark AHB2 amps.  No more back stress..................or ear stress.

I definitely factor weight into my purchase decisions now. One of the main reasons is the greatly increased cost of shipping when you have to return things for service. I've had reliability issues with many, many brands of equipment and I tend to assume return trips to the mother ship are always in the future. At age 69 I can sure tell I'm not as strong as I once was even though I work out. The day will eventually come when heavy pieces of equipment become a near impossibility to deal with. 

I’m 70 now. My experience has been there is a pretty direct correlation between weight and sound quality, the heavier the better they sound… one that has not recently reversed. So, I have been enjoying the best system I have ever had, and the heaviest.

The only changes I have made is I don’t lift them. I use my brain instead of my back  on how to avoid it. My dealer moves them… there are other options. In my old age, the last thing I want to do is compromise the sound quality of my system.

SCA 3-3 here and I can't even pick up my BQII anymore.

Oh woe is me. You are on the right track.