I'd like to hear recommendations for Turntables under $5,000

I had a reconditioned Thorens TD-160 Super. I'd like to know from people who own them, What you recommend looking at? My focus is less than $3,000 but I'm in like with some of the old VPI Classics, Prime, Prime Signatures  which is why I say 3-5K in the title and am looking for recommendations on anything in this range? Make and model. 
jahatl513
I'm surprised that nobody has suggested the Linn Sondek LP12. It is by far the best turntable money can buy. In any universe!
I purchased a VPI Prime TT a year or so, ago. I spent a month trying to isolate the table. (sand box, slate on an inner tube, Maglev feet, isopods, and finally I purchased a Symposium Segue ISO. Which finally got the table to 98% isolated. Not a sound with the needle on a stationary record and 75% volume. nothing got to the speakers. I have to say this is when they first came on the market and VPI is a great company regarding customer service. I actually got 2 emails from Mark about the problem. I could always hear something not right at med to high volume levels. I kept the table a month or so and finally gave up. I am just not a fan of the 3D arm. I would have to go for the Mitchell Gyre or a Clearaudio Performance DC. The Mitchell seems to have better isolation which is very important.
I don't think you can avoid listening to the new Technics 1200(both of them), before you decide on a turntable.  Just on YouTube, I found its presentation to be a viable alternative to other presentations(from other turntables). And I am someone who didn't care for older DD's at all.
atmasphere - Lets say I wanted to put a 9 inch triplanar arm on the 1200G.  would I still be able to close the dustcover?
You can get the best Well Tempered Labs turntable for around 5k. Some people are put off by their looks and/or design. They do deliver top notch sound and not as "fiddly" as some people think. IMO