I'd like to hear recommendations for Turntables under $5,000

I had a reconditioned Thorens TD-160 Super. I'd like to know from people who own them, What you recommend looking at? My focus is less than $3,000 but I'm in like with some of the old VPI Classics, Prime, Prime Signatures  which is why I say 3-5K in the title and am looking for recommendations on anything in this range? Make and model. 
jahatl513

Showing 1 response by juke4u

I purchased a VPI Prime TT a year or so, ago. I spent a month trying to isolate the table. (sand box, slate on an inner tube, Maglev feet, isopods, and finally I purchased a Symposium Segue ISO. Which finally got the table to 98% isolated. Not a sound with the needle on a stationary record and 75% volume. nothing got to the speakers. I have to say this is when they first came on the market and VPI is a great company regarding customer service. I actually got 2 emails from Mark about the problem. I could always hear something not right at med to high volume levels. I kept the table a month or so and finally gave up. I am just not a fan of the 3D arm. I would have to go for the Mitchell Gyre or a Clearaudio Performance DC. The Mitchell seems to have better isolation which is very important.