How much is "LOUD" still a reference point for some?

Do you feel that with speakers things are about the same as they were in the 1970s?  In the early days of Magnepan, Advent, Dahlquist and more, much of the competition was in speakers that sounded like a Jukebox and played LOUD.   Has this changed or is "LOUD" still the point of reference for many? 

whatjd
How many watts are your amps and how loud at DB levels do you get your Maggie pans
Loud is good as long as it is clean, Cerwin Vega ads mid 70’s. I have grown out of the peel the paint off the wall days. My ears have survived, the Acoustic Research integrated did not, little pieces of capacitors on the ceiling, grey smoke in the room. Now days low level for most listening-but my Maggie’s can still rock.  200wpc when called upon, Digital Amplifier Company amps.
My room is a bit constrictive so I have my .7's Maggie's 4 ft from the front wall,  7 ft apart & 11 ft from my listening position. My amp puts out 450 watts @8ohms, 650@4ohms & 1,200@1ohms and will do 65amps for 500 milliseconds. Haven't had my sound meter out lately, but guessing around 85/90 db
I like loud sometimes, but as a professional drummer, loud is my world. (I wear ear protection religiously these days) but music wise I ultimately prefer “comfortable” overall and that is around 70-80db. I can push past 100, sounds great, but is just obnoxious for neighbors, wife, etc.