help-lexicon mc 12v5 vs. mac mx135

assembling home theater- listen to 2 channel only 20%( mostly acoustic singer/songwriter and brazilian jazz off of cd), and tivo'd shows and movies( new hi-def tivo) 80%---like warm musical sound--have sonus faber cremonas and center, prob get concertinos as the surround for 5.1 channel system- have a mac 207 7 channel amp( keep it or ditch?)---what pre/pro do you recommend?---mac 135, lexicon 12,something else? --or wait for new mac ap 1000 as the audio side and just use my tivo as the scaler for video?thanks for the help-i'm a newbie at this
slvrtravel

Showing 6 responses by slvrtravel

yea, really ambitious is my style--thanks for your thoughts- room is 16x25 but no area behind sofa for rear speakers--some say lexicon not great for 2 channel, meridian really good for both but expensive and kinda technical for me( as much as i read here i still can't even figure out what meridian cards i'd need---i know mac isn't loved here but maybe works just fo the audio part?-buying all used and got a good idea of what i need to spend---but don't have chance to try this stuff and hoping to get some insight from you guru's
thanks for your thoughts-would really like to have 7.1 and am buying equip. to handle it but unfortunately can't move the sofa- could put 2 speakers parallel to back of sofa on each side against the wall and 2 more 4-5 feet forward of those but will this accomplish anything as to surround? (sofa is on south wall( 25 feet), east wall is all glass( 16 feet) and north wall(25 feet) is where all equip and tv are located)
ps- suppose i could move sofa out about 1 foot and then fit 2 speakers right behind it--would that accomplish anything?-i figured no as speaker would be right in your ear and directionally sound wouldn't really be behind listener
thanks but unfortunately the most would be one foot out from the wall so i think i'm stuck with 5.1 unless i wait for the new mac ap 1000 which theoretically allows you to place speakers anywhere and it'll eq them to sound as if they're where they would be optimally