Has anyone compared the EMT 139st phonostage to others ?

Hi,
I am currently using the EMT HSD-006 cartridge. I am looking for a good tube phonostage to go with it. The first choice is of course their own EMT 139st phonostage. The EMT engineers Dusch and J.P Vanvliet have launched a "remanufactured" version of this phonostage. It is an exact replica with modern parts. Costs around Euro 5k. Before I spend that kind of money I want to get some feedback about this phonostage. Has anyone heard it or compared it to other phonostages ? How is it ?
pani

Showing 4 responses by jperry

@pani 

I have not heard that EMT phono stage, but have heard many EMT cartridges and currently own a EMT JSD S75. Depending on your current phono stage you may want to consider an Auditorium 23 Hommage transformer, instead of a phono stage change. The A23 transformer made a great improvement in my analog system. Also of note EMT introduced their own SUT, but I have not heard it. 

https://www.emt-tontechnik.ch/files/productfile/Flyer-STX.pdf
@pani 

Given that I haven't heard your system all I can really tell you is:

I like to use matched amplification as well, so I think the CJ phono is a good idea. I am currently using Luxman preamp and amps.

It would be hard to go wrong with an EMT phono stage.

The EMT I have sounds great through my Luxman preamp, so think it might be worthwhile to audition a Luxman phono stage. Not sure of the pricing for this in Europe.

Good luck with your search,

Best Regards,

Jim Perry
Great news! You are a step ahead of me. I would be interested to hear your comments if you get the EMT phono stage.
I was curious so I looked at the information on their website and it appears you will need to own an EMT turntable or have a power supply built to use this phono preamp. See the notes quoted from the link below.

https://www.jpvanvliet.nl/139stb.html

Note 1: The 139st b can only be used in earlier EMT 927 and EMT 930 turntables with serial no's before 14725 with the necessary power supplies for the EMT 139st and EMT 139st b.

Note 2: Turntables with serial no's higher than 14725 can be upgraded with the new 139st b power supply upgrade kit to fulfil the possibility of using the 139st b in young EMT 927's and EMT 930's.