Guest suddenly takes it upon herself to move my speakers

Has this ever happened to anyone here?

You have your speakers positioned just as you like them, and then a guest takes it upon themselves to suddenly move your speakers?

Obviously I’m not going to get any sympathy from anyone in the non Audio world, so I thought I’d post my frustrating experience here.

I also imagine that many of your speakers can’t simply be slid out of position due to spikes or carpeting or sheer weight. Probably a good number of you, who like me have speakers on hardwood floors, have some marks in place to be able to return speakers to their exact position. (Which I didn’t)

But a recent female first time guest was sitting on the floor positioned between the speakers as we listened and for some reason decided that they should be pointed directly at her. Now some people might think “how obnoxious,” and others might think, ‘hey, a woman who wants the toe in angle optimzed for her seating position! She’s a keeper! Let her handle whatever she wants!”

And while I did like the enthusiasm, there was a supertweeter precariously balanced atop each speaker fireing rearward that could have easily toppled off and broken. (And no, there are no kids in the house).

I still haven’t found the exact sweet spot I had them in. For a long time I felt like a bit of an audio slacker since I never installed the factory spikes or rounded cones TAD provides for the CR1’s. Until a few months ago I read on another forum that many CR1 owners choose to just keep the stands on the floor, or haven’t found a benefit to using the spikes/cones on hardwood.

Obviously I’ll use the incident to try and eventually find an even more optimal positioning than they were in, but it still irks me that someone would just assume it’s okay to move a sophisticated audio setup that they truly know nothing about.

emailists
1.  Get some big Maggies and she will find it difficult to move them.
2.  Depends upon how cute she was, right?  (YIKES, a non-woke, sexist comment.  SO SORRY!)

Cheers!
Good point  richopp ... If she was super hot shes allowed to move the speakers. haha... Also depends if she knew how much music and audio means to you.

I will never forget when my son was 5 and pushed in the dust cap of the left side of my brand new speakers!!! I had to get in my car drive down the street SCREAM at the top of my lungs then come home and say its just a speaker. It still hurts to think about  Haha.
Came home one day to find College GF’s cat hanging claws locked into SMG

..... could have been ugly, I got quad ESL after ....
Please submit a photo of the subject in question and we will get back to you with our recommendation/disposition of this case. 

And, put some removable painter's tape down, like the rest of us do, for when YOU get the bright idea to try and find a better speaker placement, even though what you have is already the best it can be in your room.

Finally, you should get her fingerprinted and see if she's the same one who messed with the other poster complaining about a fingerprint on his MOFI album.