Getting into Stevie Ray Vaughn

Recommendations please (on CD). I don’t have a TT yet.

Thanks!

shtinkydog
He did a nice disk with his brother Jimmie that still holds up IMHO called Family Style
Rushfan:  That is quite the collection.  I'm getting a few CDs delivered on Wednesday.   After I listen to them, I'll take a more serious look at that boxed set you mentioned.  At almost $50/cd, its a good chunk of change, even for SACD. 
ptman said:  "I was in the Air Force, stationed in Austin mid-to-late 70's. Regular hangouts were Armadillo World Headquarters, Threadgills and the Back Room."

I was at Bergstrom in the 70s also (73 thru 76).  Frequented the same places you mentioned.  Austin was a great place to be in those days!  
Always admired him but his material just didn't vary much from album to album.   If you like his Texas sound try some Chris Duarte.  Or Kenny Wayne Sheppard (LA).  Not well known at all but Mark May (and the Agitators) is very likeable.   
So I got the Epic boxed set delivered yesterday along with The Sky is crying. The first one to go on was "Live in the beginning". I was really impressed at how well recorded it was. It sounds fantastic. And he came out swinging from the first track. Looking very forward to hearing the rest of the music. A lot of the CDs i got turned out to be 2-CD sets, so a great value!   And I will definitely check out all the other artists mentioned above. Thanks everyone.