FED-EX ground and SMART POST..........It travels around the US with no place to go

I bought a 600.00 piece of audio to be shipped by Fed-Ex ground....Some how the seller decided to ship it Fed-EX Smart Post....Which is not "Smart".........The package leaves Alabama and travels for days and ends up in Troutsdale , Or which is a depot for Fed-Ex.......It lays in there for 4 days untel someone sends it over to USPS.....Now the tracking number doesn't work anymore so I don't know if it will ever show up...... I took the  tracking number to the post office and they can't track it ether.......Now you would say that the tracking number system is different, but this package has always had a USPS tracking number (22 digits) that you could only access through the Fed-Ex tracking system.......The people tell me when it is handed over to the Post office then I can access the tracking number through the USPS system......Do you think I'll ever get my package or my money or anything ?????   Beware "Smart" "Post".........POISON FOR SHIPPING
autospec
I have shipped thousands of packages and never saw anything like this ??   I just read on the Asylum forum about a Smart Post shipment in the US that took 78 days in 8 states before delivery.....So I'm not doing too bad, I've only been at it a short while
I feel your pain and frustration.
I believe you will eventually receive your package.
Please keep us posted.
I’ve had many things shipped to me "Smart Post".  DHL, FEDEX, and UPS all use this method.

I can’t understand how it can be any cheaper if two companies handle the package instead of one?

I’ve never lost one or had one not show up, but it does take a few extra days in some cases.

I just wish the sellers would ship by one method only. That’s what I do.
I went through the same thing a few years back. I tracked my FedEx package from back east as it made it's way west to me. It arrived at a hub about 8 miles from where I live. It then went north, out of state, and then back to a USPS site back in my state, where it sat for a long time before it got to me. Stupidest thing I ever experienced.

All the best,
Nonoise