FED-EX ground and SMART POST..........It travels around the US with no place to go

I bought a 600.00 piece of audio to be shipped by Fed-Ex ground....Some how the seller decided to ship it Fed-EX Smart Post....Which is not "Smart".........The package leaves Alabama and travels for days and ends up in Troutsdale , Or which is a depot for Fed-Ex.......It lays in there for 4 days untel someone sends it over to USPS.....Now the tracking number doesn't work anymore so I don't know if it will ever show up...... I took the  tracking number to the post office and they can't track it ether.......Now you would say that the tracking number system is different, but this package has always had a USPS tracking number (22 digits) that you could only access through the Fed-Ex tracking system.......The people tell me when it is handed over to the Post office then I can access the tracking number through the USPS system......Do you think I'll ever get my package or my money or anything ?????   Beware "Smart" "Post".........POISON FOR SHIPPING
autospec
I’ve had many things shipped to me "Smart Post".  DHL, FEDEX, and UPS all use this method.

I can’t understand how it can be any cheaper if two companies handle the package instead of one?

I’ve never lost one or had one not show up, but it does take a few extra days in some cases.

I just wish the sellers would ship by one method only. That’s what I do.
I went through the same thing a few years back. I tracked my FedEx package from back east as it made it's way west to me. It arrived at a hub about 8 miles from where I live. It then went north, out of state, and then back to a USPS site back in my state, where it sat for a long time before it got to me. Stupidest thing I ever experienced.

All the best,
Nonoise
I have had similar experiences with Fedex Smartpost. This includes packages shipped locally which inexplicably followed various different convoluted paths around the country, as though the procedure specifies the packages are loaded on the nearest truck, no matter which hub may be its destination. It is not unusual for the tracking system to lose these packages either, but they always arrive eventually. This is the least predictable shipping service that I’m aware of. I regularly make online purchases and I regularly travel on business, so planning shipping and tracking shipments has become a hobby.
The thing that kills me about it all, is they the shipper saves pennies on the dollar compared to regular shipping methods.
My package left Cincinnati (i am in Knoxville,tn) went to Atlanta ,Ga ,then  sat around for a couple of days , then went to Charlotte,NC sat around some more days , then went to Nashville,TN then the next day went to Lousville,TN before finally coming to Knoxville a couple of days later.
Fucking Brilliant..... isn't it ????