Diana Krall

I was in Fort Lauderdale last Thursday and saw/heard Diana Krall.  Second time, first was in Wilkes Barre PA after Wallflower cd, this one after her recent one.  Two quite different concerts, both outstanding.  This one was "jazzy", an upright bass, a drummer, guitarist, fiddle/violinist (and a pianist/vocalist).  5 great musicians on the stage, and a wonderful singer.  She is wonderful live.  Highly recommended, as equipment reviewers often say.  Worth the price of admission.  
rpeluso
Every time I listen to her and I think she's great pop singer, but somewhat too far away from jazz.
is she considered a jazz singer?   I wonder, she seems pretty versatile, more jazz on some discs, less so on others.  Wallflower, a wonderful disc, is anything but jazz, but its still pretty great.  In my opinion of course.  No one is for everyone, that's clear.  
PS: I can’t edit my comment above anymore, one last thought: Laura made her first record for Verve when she was 16 years old. Clive Davis signed her to Columbia a year later. She was painfully shy, did the Davis audition with the lights off, the keyboard lit by a small candle.

She burst onto the scene in the mid 60s, and is considered the first female singer songwriter in the way we understand the term today. Without Laura Nyro, Diana Krall would not be the Diana Krall we know.

She simplifies lots of classic songs and feels like sufficient effort she places to the score, but either insufficient or unrefined effort for improvisation. Everything she sings seems simplified from jazz to simple pop. She seems to me a female Dean Martin that can put some stuff to the show and show off.
unreceivedogma, I once saw Laura in Central Park, a free concert (not sure they are held any longer), I admire her as a singer, pianist, composer no doubt.  But( isn't there always a but?) I don't see the connection between Laura and Diana K.  What is it you are saying, if I may ask?  

czarivey, thanks for your thoughts/explanation.  I can see where our tastes differ, just a fact, no big thing.  I find the improvisation less to my liking, so I see why we differ in our views of her.  I'm not a big jazz fan, but appreciate that many many are.  Thanks again.