Demoing speakers in LA area?

I'm looking to build a audio system from the ground up and would like to demo some speakers and amps. My budget is around $5K-6K for everything and I'm in the Burbank/Glendale area. Anyone know of any really great dealers in the area?
c4d3d2a027
You might want to check out Tonian Labs in Glendale. They make some very good speakers using a Fostex full range driver and their own super tweeter. When they demo'd at the Arcadia VTV show, everyone asked if the sub was turned on. It wasn't. It drew in people form out in the halls. I sat there, dumbfounded at how good the sound was for the price. I had just bought some speakers for $200 less than what the asking price was and kicked myself in the butt all the way home. They go for about $1500 and seem worth every cent. That should leave you with more than enough for the rest.
Brooks Berdan, LTD in Monrovia. Optimal Enchantment in Santa Monica, be aware that parking can be difficult here. These are probably the two best sources close to you as far as friendly, knowledgeable owners go.
LA Audio on Western in Korea Town has one of the largest selections of the most brands in LA but, you won't get the personal treatment that you get from the first two.
Upscale Audio is not very close to you but, has a very large selection and often there is no waiting for shipping. You pretty much need to know what you are looking for when dealing with Kevin, though. Because he does so much mail order he sometimes is short on time and can be difficult to work with.
Brooks is very personable, and knowledgeable. There is usually a large group of guys just hanging out and talking audio at the shop on Sat. There is no pressure to buy and all questions are welcomed. Plus, he delivers and sets your system up as part of the purchase.
Randy is also very personable and knowledgable, witha good ear for music. His loyality to equipment brands is very narrow but, it is based on his own listening skills and taste. You won't find the brand of the month there.
i'm a customer of all three dealers above and they are all great. upscale has the biggest selection. call him see what he reccomends then go in for a listen. brooks and randy cooley are awesome, although brooks usually has guys hanging around that make it hard to listen. may i also reccomend katli audio in chino hills. lots of gear in all price ranges. super guy with A++++ ears. best deals probably from kevin at upscale or fred at katli.

aloha keith
I'll also add Sound Factor. Their main store is located
in Encino. They also have another store in Pasadena.
Also check out LA/Audio Video near Western and Beverly.
They have the biggest selection of audio gear that I
know of.

Good luck
Speaker City in Burbank makes their own speakers using premium parts - like scan speak woofers and tweeter; the same parts that go into Wilson and other top notch speakers. Their prices are much much lower, so I would check them out.

This is their web sight.

http://www.speakercity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

If you want traditional hifi shop, I like GNP of Pasadena.

GNP Audio Video
(626) 577-7767
1254 E Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106

-----------

But I would seriously consider buying them here on the audiogon - you would end up with a considerably better quality for the same bucks ! Also when you upgrade, you can sell them here again and not lose too much - if you keep them in a good condition.

Used is the way to go - most people who buy at this level take good care of their gears, and it's safer than Ebay. No, I don't work for them, but since we are using their sight, we should give them something back too.

Used is the way to go.