Coincident Linestage vs CJ CT5 or Allnic L-3000

I currently own a Conrad Johnson CT5 but would like to upgrade and move to a preamp with XLR in/out. I have tested the Allnic L-3000 which I find very intersting, and I am also interested in the Coincident Statement linestage. Has anybody compared the Coincident to the CT5 or the Allnic?
obrennan1963
Thank Charles
I forgot to write that the CSL in my hand was indeed a unit with two years life and stock tubes.
Also interesting about my test it's the different tube approach of the three linestages:
CSL uses an unusual old tube and you can improve it with the new Western Electric production.
Aria WV11XL is a chameleon-like electronics, since it can use more than 20 (twenty!) different tubes and this cause a great change of nuances in details, dynamics (gain may vary from 12 up to 30 db) and timbre.. so is a very unusual product which can be adapted to all tastes; neverthless is the only of the three with a very high output impedance (3-4000 ohm) that force to find a partner power amp with at least 200-300kohm input impedance...
At the end there's the Allnic where you must use the stock tubes and forget all about tube rolling.
Three different approach; three different scaling price (CSL 5500 USD; ARIA with all options was sold at 8800 USD and ALLNIC now raised at 11900 USD).
My preference will go with a very little margin to CSL and L-3000 against my WV11; neverthless they are all excellent performers.
my best
Marco
Marco its too bad you didn't hear the Coincident with Takasuki or other 300B tubes. Way more organic open and relaxed with these tubes.
Last post... Hi Jeff; actually I never heard the CSL partnered with Frankestein or similar tube amps (I also find very attractive the partnership with Coincident's Dragon).
My other listening experiences with CSL in my friend's listening room were with Viola Bravo (in two cases) and Krell FPB monos.
Just to let you know that I take a look to your listening room that is extremely similar to mine (mine is significantly smaller but with the same proportions and same unusual ceiling; 15 x 20 ft. approx and ceiling 7,4 to 16,5 ft).
best
Marco
Marco,
The CLS with a krell amplifier, that's an unusual but curious pairing, how did that sound? That Viola is a very expensive but well praised amplifier. I've never heard the CSL paired with SS amplifiers, interesting.
Charles
Yes Charles a partner with Krells it's actually unusual.
Sound is good (fantastic in dynamics) but I find it sometimes aggressive in mid-highs and with a great (maybe too much) punch in bass region.
Owner use a PC+DCS Puccini Dac combo and speakers are Coincident pure reference Extreme (the version with separate stands for mid-highs).
About SS I find that Viola Bravo is in another superior league but it's also very very expensive.
Best from Italy
Marco
Now that I think about it I recall an Italian reviewer who used the CLS with the Viola Bravo amplifier and found the combination stunning. This review was a couple of years ago I believe.
Charles,
Yes Charles, you remember correctly; this is one of the two systems I mentioned above. Listened in 2013; source was PC + DCS Vivaldi and speakers were Evolution Acoustics MM3; no doubt that this was my best experience in audio in many many years.
Marco
Marco,
Given your very high opinion of the CLS performance with the standard 101D tubes, it'd be interesting if you heard the premium Psvane W.E.tubes installed.Quite an upgrade for reasonable cost per feedback results.
Charles,
I received my W.E.Replica 101D tubes today and have written a "very early" impression on my system page. They were worth the prolonged wait.
Charles,
Hello folks! I ended buying used the statement linestage so me top I joined the Coincident family...
I have a question. I notes thatboth xlr connections (input and output) have reversal + and - pin (as also Accuphase and a few other brands have). This cause a slight loss of focus in soundstage and a lightweight bass.
All my sources are connected through RCA but towards linestage to Power amp (standard pin) I use a balanced cable.
I suspect that this is a situati on of 90° reversed polarity. And reverse the speaker polarity cable will not resolve the matter.
Do you have some experience or suggestione to try?
Thanks in advance!
Marco
Marco, congratulations on the CSLS!

I don't know if it inverts polarity in the signal path between its RCA inputs and its XLR output (the website says "in phase" but conceivably that could just apply to the path between XLR input and XLR output).

In any event, though, even if it is inverting polarity I don't see why interchanging + and - at one end of the speaker cables wouldn't correct for that (assuming it matters at all, which would be recording dependent).

Also, btw, a polarity reversal would be 180 degrees, not 90.

Enjoy! Regards,
-- Al
I've been obsessively reading about DHT preamps and just ran into this thread. It made me miss the "old" days of audiogon. An entire 6 page thread where people educate each other and cooperatively try and get the most beautiful music reproduction possible without fighting.

It still happens every once in a while, but sadly seems less frequent all the time...

Happy new year folks, I'm not optimistic, but do have my fingers crossed that somehow people will be better to one another in a post-covid world.
I'm also obsessed with dht and deciding on a new preamp. I am considering upgrading from arc ls26 to a csls.  Wondering if it is worth the upgrade.