Choices narrowed Rogue RP-1 and Primaluna Prologue Premium Preamps

I'm leaning toward the Primaluna which is $500 more. Both have easy dealer return.

The PL looks to be more of a "lifetime" preamp, heavy build, tubes outside chassis. The RP-1 includes a phono section (I do not need) which leads me to believe corners may have been cut to keep price point. 

Both get great reviews....but my gut says PL. The Prologue is 97% of the higher end dialogue model from what I have been told.

My amp (https://www.optomausa.com/audioproduct/sta200)runs at 51K input impedance, which is meets the recommended minimum of 28k (Stereophile review).

I am eventually going to replace my amp (I purchased as a temporary replacement and later use in a bedroom system). However, the amp has such an enjoyable sound, I decided to upgrade my preamp first. I am having some noise issues with my Peachtree Nova Pre. 

Anyone else compare the two? Stereophile did and the PL sounds like what I am looking for. I know actually hearing is the ultimate test.

aberyclark
I have a Rogue RP-5 preamp and love it.  The RP-5 is the big brother to the RP-1.  I did replace the crappy JJ 12au7 tubes in the RP-5 with a quad of NOS Mullard 12au7 tubes and it brought the preamp up to another level.  The preamp is dead quiet with my 93.5 db efficient speakers and the phono section is absolutely excellent..  It's a tough call on this one, I would see if you could try both out first before purchasing.
I hear great things about the Rogue’s. I dont need phono. I wish there were local dealers. There is one that carries PL, never anything in stock. 
I really like the rogue preamps, I listened to the Herra II this morning and it was sweet!
I would go with Rogue.....good stuff, made in USA.....not for nothing but Kevin Deal is the importer of Prima Luna which is Chinese.....I called Upscale four times trying to order a tube that they would only sell over the phone, and only to owners of certain preamps......no one ever got back to me.....GREAT SERVICE.......
I’ve had two other people today tell me ( via email) that i cannot go wrong with the Rogue. Its the bargain of the preamp world. I may just order one from needle doctor ( who has a good return policy) and just try the thing out.