Cardas Clear Reflection advice needed

HI group,
I recently bought a Bel Canto Pre3VB preamp with its VBS power supply, which I'm running to my Bel Canto REF500S amp. 
Since the Pre3VB and REF500s are fully balanced, I'm in the market for an XLR cable.
My source interconnects are Cardas Clear; I could wait and save up some more for a Clear XLR, or I could go with a Clear Reflection right now.
If I did that, would I be compromising my system? 
Interested in your thoughts.
My system: BC REF500s, BC Pre3VB & VBS1 battery supply, Arcam Alpha 9 CDP, Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand SE speakers, Kimber Monocle XL speaker cable......

Thanks for your help...
arcamguy

@arcamguy  @audioman58 @audiodragon777 @mikey8811 @biggy79 

1.5 years later, doing some surveying - are you still running Cardas [Clear, or Clear Reflections, or Clear Cygnus] interconnects?  If not, what did you move to and why?

In my new system the Wireworld Eclipse ,and eclipse platinum on digital xlr 

was a little more even balanced and better resolution .

@audioman58 have you found the Eclipse (OCC) provides the same type of timbre, tone, and body heard with most of the upper end Cardas interconnects?

@decooney I have Clear Reflection going from Dac to Pre and Pre to Amp. they replaced Golden Refs that I had on loan. The GR were luxurious but just a bit too rich for my rig. Clear Reflection has a touch more clarity/definition, yet still velvety just right. upon deciding to stick with the Clear Reflection, I sent them off to Cardas and had them retermed with XLR’s. This is my 1st experience with using a balanced XLR connection, what a pleasant surprise. Added value- DEAD silence and there appears to be a slight boost in gain (?) I do a lot of late nite low volume listening and the slight boost brings my listening to a near perfect setting. lovely!

@jl1ny I do a lot of late nite low volume listening and the slight boost brings my listening to a near perfect setting.

Great point. I do a lot of late low level listing too. People rarely talk about this requirement, and for those who seek this, slightly rolled/veiled over interconnects can be a real challenge, when "turning it up" to hear things better - is not an option.

Agree, some of my older "pre-clear" era Golden series cables were not the best fit for this need. I’ve since moved to other brand OCC cables, yet still looking back at Cardas some. Was thinking of retrying Clear reflections or Clear to try again for another setup. Every once in a while crave some of the former tones and timbre.  

Feedback appreciated by those who’ve tried similar or moved on to others by now.