Cardas Clear Beyond Power cords

......looking to put this on my Silver Circle Audio 5.0SE Power Conditioner. I like the Shunyata's - which can be a little thin to my ears ....and the rest of my system is Purist Audio 20th Anniversary along with Limited Edition Power cords .....However, my speaker cables are the Cardas Clear Beyond ...because they were so damm good, so any thoughts on what this power cord is like would be helpful.
garebear

Showing 6 responses by mikey8811

@garebear do you know in what ways it's meant to surpass the Clear Beyond Power?
@biggy79 How does a chain of Clear Beyond Power sound like on everything from source to amp? Is it your conclusion that is sounds a bit bright?

I am currently using Clear Beyond Power on everything ie. power distributor, preamp, DAC, power amp, except for the sources. I am using Golden Reference on the sources and was wondering how Clear Beyond on them will sound.
@biggy79 Actually, I like the pronounced mid bass on the Golden Reference. There are only a few instances on some recordings where I find the bass a bit boomy.

I am surprised you find the Clear Power less bright on top than the Golden Reference Power. I thought Clear Power was well, too "clear". Ditto for the Clear interconnects - I preferred Clear Reflection to them.

But then, i also preferred Golden Cross to Golden Reference interconnects.
@biggy79 I swapped the cords around. I put the Golden Reference on the DAC and the Clear Beyond on the CD transport.

It sounds warmer now. Not as resolving, with less space in between the notes but less of an edge too.
@garebear Are you saying the XL is more neutral than the regular Clear Beyond?

I already find the regular Clear Beyond on everything too neutral in my system. Putting the Golden Reference on my DAC made it more musical for me.
@biggy79 I read on another thread that you have experience with the Oyaide Tunami GPX R V2.

How do you think they compare to the Clear Beyond or Golden Reference for use on a digital source or DAC?

Thanks