>>Why not list the offending party? Cytocycle<<
(1) Because I have already bought 3 cables from them on auction - the first arrived within a week, the second 2 weeks and now the third is still not here, going into the 4th week, so, wanted to know what the consensus of A'goners was concerning this, before publicly outing them. The auction sites never say "ready to ship" or "pre-assembled and ready", so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. The reason the 3rd is taking so long is that parts are back-ordered and "there is nothing we can do about it". but it seems that the consensus here is that they should be ready to ship by auction end.
(2) Their customer service and responses to questions are otherwise exemplary
(3) The quality and pricing of their cables is absolutely superb and I don't want to harm their reputation and sales unfairly
(4) I would like them to do well and be successful and will use the responses to notify them why they need change their auction policy, so as to be constructive, rather than destructive. It is not as though they are ignoring me - I get courteous, timely responses to all my questions but they seem to be constrained by parts availibility. They obviously dont believe that auction cables should be pre-assembled, so will inform them that most A'goners diasagree - which was the purpose of my post - to get a consensus.
Thanks for all your responses - you gave me, and the Cable manufacturer, the answer.
(5) Bottom line: They are basically an honest and hard-working company and deserve a break in a very competitive market-place - if they were dishonorable or pulling a fast one, I would have named them instantly.