Book Shelf Speaker advice - Formerly Book Shelf Dilemma

Hello all. I posted this earlier under the title Book Shelf Dilemma. Thank you to the many who replied with excellent advice and suggestions. Some responders asked about the room dimensions and as I investigated the suggested speakers I concluded that the room dimensions and furniture set up may be important to consider. So, I am reposting with a schematic of the room which shows the Bay Windows and furniture as well as a note that the insulation between my apartment and the unit below is marginal. I make this point with the understanding that a Sub Woofer may be good to include.

Note: I want to position the speakers along the Bay Window facing back into the apartment and dining/kitchen area. Most of my listening is done from this area.

Budget - $1000.00 (with stands would be a bonus)

Amplifier - McCormack DNA 0.5
Pre - McCormack ALD-1
Source - Cambridge 851N - Spotify Premium
Music preferences - fairly eclectic
Jazz (Bony James, Lee Ritenour, Paul Harris, Bob James)
Female Vocals (Eva Cassidy, Duffy, Sarah Jarosz, Nadine Anderson)
1980’s Rock (Emerson Lake & Palmer, Yes, Dave Mason)

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice1

Ray

128x128raydecraene

Your living room...is a living room. You are not setup for a listening room as far as I can tell. 

Yes, that is my biggest challenge. I understand I need to lower my expectations of listening enjoyment due to the room. Still seeking any thoughts that may result in the best outcome possible with budget and room dynamics. 

Thank you. 

Soix-Thank you for noting the LSA’s. I have read very impressive reviews and the price point is very appealing. 

There are plenty of speakers out there under a thousand dollars. You would have to go out and listen to each of them in your own home. I dont see how you could expect any of us to guess which speaker would suit your ears the best. Most audiophiles will buy dozens of speakers over many decades so what does it matter which speaker you buy? Its not going to be your first and last purchase is it? 

@raydecraene 

Have you considered any of the powered/wireless speakers from Kef or Dynaudio? I believe both manufacturers have something to offer within the price range you’ve stated.

I remember when my wife and I purchased our first place- dinky little townhome with a living area no larger than what you’ve outlined. Since we needed something with a small footprint I stacked a tuner/ SS amp/ CD player and a parametric eq in a cabinet and set two Tannoy studio monitors on top about 6’ apart. For what it was it sounded pretty good.