Best used amp $750 range

best used amp in the $750 range, have a Classe pre but that will probably be sold soon thanks
mkaes
I'm sure there are other good amps out there, but I would give the McCormack DNA-.5 a serious look.
The Forte 4a gets my vote. $600-700 used on the net. Very engaging. Will definately get your foot tapping.
For the money:Spectral DMA-50, it does not have high current but it will drive most 6-8 ohm speakers. Buy two and use in the mono mode. Works stunning well with electrostats or magneticplanars. Awesome clarity, transparency, and timbre. If you like tubes an older D-115 from ARC is great, should be able to pick one up for $800 or so. The midrange will be lush and liquid. The Mk2 version was a definite improvement.
I have been very happy with a used Conrad Johnson MF Series solid state amp.
THE CARVER 1.5t OR THE CARVER TFM-55 ARE GREAT VALUES IN THE $450 TO $650 PRICE RANGE IF YOU WANT TO SAVE SOME BUCKS AND HAVE A PIECE THAT WILL ALWAYS BE WORTH WHAT YOU PAY FOR IT......STEREO 500 WPC ON A 4 OHM LOAD!!!!!!!!!!!
I second the McCormack DNA.5 recommendation-- excellent SS amp for the money, and if you later want even more, Steve McCormack offers three up-grade packages for his amps. It should be available for $700. to 900. Good Hunting. Craig
I third on the McCormack 0.5...this amp almost has everything you can possibly want from an amp at this price!! Hugely recommended!!
There's a fourth upgrade now for the McCormack amps called the Revision A Gold. I'm having that done on my DNA-1 Deluxe and am expecting the amp back any day. The ability to upgrade an already outstanding amplifier is a big plus.
I just got done shopping for a used amp in this range, and I ended up with a Perreaux 2150B. Works in class A most of the time and then in AB up to 200 Watts. It is pretty smooth, though not lush like a Classe or YBA. But what it does have is good sound with plenty of power, which is hard to find in most class A amps. Plus it's built like a tank. I saw another one on Ebay just today. I got mine for about $600 including Shipping. Others that I considered were Forte, Bryston, Aragon (the 4004MKII is a must audition) and YBA audio refinement.
The Bryston is a good pick. I'd also encourage you to listen to a Hafler 9270. It is a NICE sounding amp with many of the same characteristics of the Bryston - quick and very warm sounding for SS. Ultimatley, you will want to get an amp that will match well with whatever preamp you are considering. Good luck.
Rouge 88 will run 800/900 used.you will never need anything more.
Since you specified a used preamp around $750, I'm amazed that no one has listed the Adcom GFP-750. It's often sold used for $800-900, and is listed as a "Class A" recommended component by Stereophile. Even cheaper used is the Adcom GFP-565, which was a stunningly good preamp that now sells for $350-400. I owned the GFP-565 for a number of years, and it trounced a lot of preamps selling for up to $2K.
i pitty the fool who sells his classe pre and doesn't just buy a used classe audio seventy or fifteen to go with it.
A Threshold 400a or Forte model 4 for solid state. In Tubes, Cary Audio SLA70 or New York Audio Labs Moscode 300.