Best used amp $750 range

best used amp in the $750 range, have a Classe pre but that will probably be sold soon thanks
mkaes
A Threshold 400a or Forte model 4 for solid state. In Tubes, Cary Audio SLA70 or New York Audio Labs Moscode 300.
i pitty the fool who sells his classe pre and doesn't just buy a used classe audio seventy or fifteen to go with it.
Since you specified a used preamp around $750, I'm amazed that no one has listed the Adcom GFP-750. It's often sold used for $800-900, and is listed as a "Class A" recommended component by Stereophile. Even cheaper used is the Adcom GFP-565, which was a stunningly good preamp that now sells for $350-400. I owned the GFP-565 for a number of years, and it trounced a lot of preamps selling for up to $2K.
The Bryston is a good pick. I'd also encourage you to listen to a Hafler 9270. It is a NICE sounding amp with many of the same characteristics of the Bryston - quick and very warm sounding for SS. Ultimatley, you will want to get an amp that will match well with whatever preamp you are considering. Good luck.
I just got done shopping for a used amp in this range, and I ended up with a Perreaux 2150B. Works in class A most of the time and then in AB up to 200 Watts. It is pretty smooth, though not lush like a Classe or YBA. But what it does have is good sound with plenty of power, which is hard to find in most class A amps. Plus it's built like a tank. I saw another one on Ebay just today. I got mine for about $600 including Shipping. Others that I considered were Forte, Bryston, Aragon (the 4004MKII is a must audition) and YBA audio refinement.
There's a fourth upgrade now for the McCormack amps called the Revision A Gold. I'm having that done on my DNA-1 Deluxe and am expecting the amp back any day. The ability to upgrade an already outstanding amplifier is a big plus.
I third on the McCormack 0.5...this amp almost has everything you can possibly want from an amp at this price!! Hugely recommended!!
I second the McCormack DNA.5 recommendation-- excellent SS amp for the money, and if you later want even more, Steve McCormack offers three up-grade packages for his amps. It should be available for $700. to 900. Good Hunting. Craig
THE CARVER 1.5t OR THE CARVER TFM-55 ARE GREAT VALUES IN THE $450 TO $650 PRICE RANGE IF YOU WANT TO SAVE SOME BUCKS AND HAVE A PIECE THAT WILL ALWAYS BE WORTH WHAT YOU PAY FOR IT......STEREO 500 WPC ON A 4 OHM LOAD!!!!!!!!!!!
For the money:Spectral DMA-50, it does not have high current but it will drive most 6-8 ohm speakers. Buy two and use in the mono mode. Works stunning well with electrostats or magneticplanars. Awesome clarity, transparency, and timbre. If you like tubes an older D-115 from ARC is great, should be able to pick one up for $800 or so. The midrange will be lush and liquid. The Mk2 version was a definite improvement.
The Forte 4a gets my vote. $600-700 used on the net. Very engaging. Will definately get your foot tapping.
I'm sure there are other good amps out there, but I would give the McCormack DNA-.5 a serious look.