Best speakers for a small room

Hello all, I'm looking for recommendations for best speakers for a small room. Room is 125 square feet with 10 foot ceiling. 10k budget.  Ideas?

128x128jazzguy1958

Go look to used speakers...

I pay 50 bucks my Mission Cyrus 781 ....

They are generally around 200 hundred bucks.... A deal....

My room is 13 feet square by 8 feet 1/2...They filled the room perfectly...On my desk under 12 inches from the wall......

Their bass is more than good.... And we cannot fault them if we use them in an acoustically dedicated room.... In my experience, the choice of speakers , if they are relatively good to begin with for sure, matter less than acoustic and psycho acoustic specifically dedicated method for them, to embed them optimally ...

One factor most people underestimated by a great margin....And they pay big money to compensate for this ignorance... 😊 But big money for the best design there is so better it is, cannot replace acoustic ... Thinking otherwise is deceiving itself... And very good design of the past can cost few bucks with a bit of luck...

Pay low amount of money, buy a good well designed vintage speakers and pay attention to acoustic...

Anything else is temporary marketing and publicity to sell new products to you , acoustic is perennial science....

I just take notice that your 10,000 bucks budget only for the speakers, is 20 times my total audio system budget!

Most people dont trust someone with a low tag price system like mine...

Anyway my advice is for all and everyone, nevermind the price, it is the truth...

😁😊

Salk Sound Song 3 really work well in my small room. Excellent speakers and driven with a variety of amps.

1. If you can find used ,or just save a bit more for with stands the MBL126  are exceptional in every respect , you may wan5 1 subwoofer ,a excellent one is the SVS -SB 4000 then you have a full range audio system ,just look up the Many awards and raves
  2. these Omni directional wonders are Great Period . Not the most efficient but what most forget they put out music equally in 360 degree spread meaning you get much more of a musical spread then the efficiency indicates $16 k with stands is expensive yes ,but as I mentioned with a good sub you can easily compete with any speaker system at 2 x the cost from my experience ,my friend has them and I am using them next.

I get the feeling this OP is a fly by but I’m bored & the GF is still at work..
Room size roughly 10’x12’x10’..First off ANY speaker,regardless of size will sound best pulled slightly out into the room to let imaging & staging develope.About 24"off back wall & 18" off side wall is usually a good start.
What kinds of music will be playing?Who is listening?Looking for background music or something you & wife can sit down & melt into?
What kind of electronics are driving the speakers?Is the room highly reflective(wallboard/wood & glass),heavily damped(Carpet,heavy curtains or canvass paintings & overstuffed furniture),or something in between?
ANY ROOM ECHO to kill?Walk around the room & clap your hands overhead,you will hear the slap echo if you have it.
Based on no other intell in OP I recommend:Harbeth Monitor 30.2/30.1 on 24" stands..