B&W 805D stands? Experience?

I own the B&W 805D's and currently have them placed on Target Steel Four post stands which are filled with oven dried sand. Four pieces of Blutack is used on each speaker to couple it to the top of the metal stand. I would really like to hear from owners that either have the specified matching B&W stand with them, or that had or tried other stands and moved up to the matching stands. I only purchased the Target stands to save money at time of purchase, as my dealer sold me the Targets at his cost of $203 ($300 retail). I wasn't prepared to spend an additional $700 at the time I purchased my 805D's for the proprietary stands. Please tell me the differences you have heard, if any, between other metal stands and the matching 805D stands. My wife thinks the B&W stands look like "duck feet" but if they are truely worthy of the cost, I will make the change. Please also specify if you have them filled with sand or lead shot also. Any feedback is appreciated.
bavarian05

Showing 1 response by sacman

I noticed a huge difference in the bass between the cheapo Target and the B&W stands. The original stands also allow you to attach the speakers to each plate which makes the difference IMHO. I filled mine with sand. I highly recommend the OEM stands.