Aurender N100h owners

I just picked one up a week ago and it sounds great but I think the VU Meter display kinda sucks. The “needle” jerks around in a very unnatural way, not fluid like with real ones. I know it’s really just for looks but I was kinda looking forward to the McIntosh look. I’ve got an email into their support, firmware is up to date. Anyone else having this problem?
treynolds155
reply from Aurender support: 

VU meter is mainly cosmetic.
We do have a plan to make it smooth, but we don’t have exact schedule.

I have the N100H. What possible function do the VU meters have anyway? It is as silly as McIntosh sticking a VU meters on their turntable
http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=turntables&ProductId=MT1...
If McIntosh came out with a toilet equipped with an integrated sound system (which I suspect is right around the corner-the toilet seat will glow in blue translucense) I bet it would have a VU meter attached somewhere. Maybe to measure output! But back to the Aurender, there is no conceivable reason for a music storage device/streamer to have output meters. The screen is primarily there for displaying the artist and title and the clever engineers got carried away a bit with functionality. 

As a happy owner of an Aurender N100h, I fully agree with @fsonicsmith.

Well, his McIntosh rant is quite another thing altogether...... :)