Audes' "Blue" Speaker: 2000 Marvel?

Anyone audition or own the Audes "Blue" speaker?? It has gotten a good review in Stereotimes( May Issue).Speakers are made in Estonia, and the company now seems to have reliable distribution in the USA. This model could complete with Gershman's Cameleon speaker which has also gotten good reviews. All comments welcomed
sunnyjim

Showing 1 response by akoutin

HI

I purchased Blues a year ago. Its a killer for the money...the only cheaper way to get seas drivers is to biuld speakers yourself. Associated gear is all solid state
el-cheapo: acurus A-100 amp, Parasound P850 preamp, Tosh SD9200 DVD-A source. I am using them in medium sized room
25 by 16 Ft. Soudstage has good depth and width, upper end is smooth yet very detailed. Being an electrinica junkie i pay a lot of attention to bass and these babies get it right every time. Bass is tight and focused (Doped paper house made cones are big part of it), extending very low (no sub for music is necessary at all). Where these speakers really shine is the midrange spectrum. Two 4.5" seas drivers excell in voice reproductions.
Hope this helps a bit.