Are the new Ohm Walsh speakers Audiophile quality?

Considering buying the Ohm Walsh 2000 Tall but very few reviews has me questioning there quality. Any thoughts?
sixsigmaguy

Just notified by Ohm Acoustics my Tall 2000s have been veneered and going to finishing .  Should see them 2nd half of March .    Also just moved into a new ranch house with an unfinished basement measuring  15' x 22.5 '  x 8' dedicated to audio + video.   Hoping to get it mostly ready in time to place them there.  Just needs sheetrock, 1/2 bath and flooring over the concrete floor.  Already has water / power run.  Need to get a dedicated power line run and get bids on the work.   I've got 6 panels of owens corning 705 that need acoustic fabric and some diffuser panels .   This is gonna be the most fun i've had in years  :)

PS.  Plan to soundproof the whole place via two layers of 5/8 sheetrock with green glue in between .

I have the Ohm 5000s from 2012. What material is the cones made of? Does anyone have an insight on this. Thanks

AFAIK, cone material varies from model to model. I was once told that my 2000s from 2009 have aluminum cones. This was surprising, as they don’t sound like aluminum cones to my ears. John Strohnbeen of Ohm is pretty forthcoming if you want to give him a call.

If I recall, and it has been awhile, probably around 2008 or so, my newly purchased 2000/3000 upgrade drivers for older cabinets used Dayton Reference drivers(or were spitting images of them) that were aluminum coated, not all aluminum like typical aluminum drivers can be. It wasn't all shiny, but more of a gray colored cone with a nice aluminum phase plug. 

I imagine John and company use what is available at the time for their upgrades. FWIW...