Are the new Ohm Walsh speakers Audiophile quality?

Considering buying the Ohm Walsh 2000 Tall but very few reviews has me questioning there quality. Any thoughts?
sixsigmaguy

I have the Ohm 5000s from 2012. What material is the cones made of? Does anyone have an insight on this. Thanks

AFAIK, cone material varies from model to model. I was once told that my 2000s from 2009 have aluminum cones. This was surprising, as they don’t sound like aluminum cones to my ears. John Strohnbeen of Ohm is pretty forthcoming if you want to give him a call.

If I recall, and it has been awhile, probably around 2008 or so, my newly purchased 2000/3000 upgrade drivers for older cabinets used Dayton Reference drivers(or were spitting images of them) that were aluminum coated, not all aluminum like typical aluminum drivers can be. It wasn't all shiny, but more of a gray colored cone with a nice aluminum phase plug. 

I imagine John and company use what is available at the time for their upgrades. FWIW...

I have the 2000 series in Teak for about six months now, took a year to receive from purchase. I enjoy the looks and sound field they produce so far as Ive read they may take an entire year to break in. However, the finish is not audiophile quality. Labels glued hastily/crooked, platform crooked, glue residue and light plastic parts including cheap speaker terminals- just not up to par on the fit and finish but do enjoy the experience I am having with the music. I have them paired with an Accuphase integrated which produces a nice marriage.

@circusdevil Did you ever voice your concerns on the fit and finish with anyone at Ohm?  In 2009, when I got my 2000s, I pointed out a few issues with the cabs and the caps.  Ohm made good on everything, and then some.  Still, for the price they charge, you're not going to get a speaker put together like Magicos.