Any opinions on the Thorens TD 148a

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone has any opinions on the Thorens TD 148a or any experience with it?

Thanks
128x128jay73
Post removed 
@syntax 

Hi, could you please expand on that?

You mean the catridge/headshell should be properly aligned correct?
Jay,

Just a suggestion; Thorens has the twice the price ($3999) automatic TD1601 turntable that has been reviewed, just search "Thoren TD1601 review".  Recommend you read those reviews to get a possible feel for how the TD164A may sound, most tables of similar design by the same manufacture have a 'house sound'.  Then send an e-mail to Thorens.  Tell them you are interested in the TD164A, but the audio press/ forums have not reviewed, and you do not have an opportunity to hear and touch the unit.  But, you note that the automatic TD1601 has been reviewed, and how would they compare the two units, the large cost difference notwithstanding.
@antinn

Thanks for your input, that is a good idea.
I will look into that.
Thanks

Jay 73, we're over a year later since your question regarding the Thorens TD-148A. To my surprise in between no critical review of this Thorens has been published. Could you please share your experiences with us ? Thanks !
Jay73, It is an excellent turntable for the money. It is isolated which is very important. There are a few qualms I have with the tonearm but they are minor. It does not have as stable a suspension as a Sota or SME so it does need to be on a solid immovable surface. So situated it will handle foot falls very well. With a matching cartridge feedback will not be a problem. This is a lot of turntable for the money.
Dear Jay73, thank you for sharing your experiences. I have had a Dual 1019 for 51 years (!) now without any noticable issues sofar but its time to move on. The only thing that made me curious is the info from the following URL,

https://theaudiophileman.com/thorens-td-240-2-turntable-review/

Thanks agian and have a good weekend. The Netherlands

I completely forgot about this thread.

Well, I ended up getting a Mofi Studio Deck with a Hana SL MC.

So far, so good. 

Sorry I can't provide any input on the Thorens as I did not get it.

Thnx
Thorens took the base chassi and automatics from the TD240-2, and put it into a solid high-quality MDF-frame. They upgraded the motor, the electronic control circuits for the motor, internal wiring and contacts, added a glass platter on top that is heavier and more resonance free than the aluminium platter of the TD240-2, and they made a new tonearm. The armtube is from the acclaimed TP92 (as used in the high-end TD1600/1601), resonance damped and of full aluminium. Then they made a spring loading tracking force, similar idea as the TP19-1 tonearm on the TD240-2, but the tonearm on the TD148A is not simply a TP19-1 with the armtube from the TP92. The gimbala construction, bearings, counterweight etc are of much higher quality - so lower friction and lower resonances. 
All in all it's a very upgraded TD240-2 and a good choice if one wants a full automatic turntable with great sound quality. It do sounds very musical with Thorens easy-going flow to the music. Not as high-energetic full on and forward sound as a Rega, but musical, highly entertaining and very pleasing. 
It sells now with the Ortofon 2M Blue included and this is a good combination, the 2M Blue matches the turntable very well. And better cartridges, can of course be used. 
I have the TD309 full manual, it has the edge on sonics - as full manuals for similar price as a full automatic has, but the TD148A is a very good sounding full automatic.