Another Vandersteen model 2 question

Sorry by keep asking questions and seeking for guidance. I just purchased a pair of 2Ci speakers. I asked Richard about the vintage and he kindly responded by telling me they are about 30 years old. I was half of my age back then and my respect doubled. Really like the sound. Now I'm thinking I must be missing so much between back then and the current new 2Ce models. I can afford them and my wife also likes the warmth and the incredible balance. The amp I'm using is my Vincent SP-331 (not the MK). Cables are run of the mill generic 12awg and bi-wired.

Thank you.

128x128kalali
@mr_m   Agreed!  I had the original 2C and the soft dome tweeter was smooth, polite and lacking in air.  When I moved to the original model 3, the dynamics were more natural but that metal dome was unforgiving.  As I upgraded to the 3A and then, even more so to the 3A Sig., the treble became more integrated with the other drivers.  No more listening to the tweeter!

I too have upgraded to the Treo CT model with the carbon tweeter and the robustly constructed cabinet.  It's just music now.  I don't even think about individual drivers.  Everything is "of a piece".  

I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the 2Ci vs. 2Ce Sig. but knowing how Richard is always working toward an increasing level of musicality in his designs, I would imagine the most recent iteration of the model 2 will be superior in musicality.

Best of luck to the OP.  I hope you can audition the speakers in your system and your environment.  Looking forward to the results!
 I had the original, mid-1980s 2C - my first "real high end" gear. I am curious how the latest in the 2 series sounds. And whether the cosmetics (a matter of taste, of course) have improved. 
My quibbles aside, it was for comparison only between the old and new Vandy 2's. I do think the Ci is still a very listenable loudspeaker and all that counts is the OP being satisfied with them or not. If he got them for a good price and they are in good condition, then his purchase is well justified.
I paid $450 and if I didn't know they were 30 years old, cosmetically I would have thought they were brand new. No blemishes on the socks and not even a scratch on the wood pieces. The guy I bought them from was an audio nut running them with a pair of Pass Labs XA60.8 monoblocks and needless to say they sounded fantastic. I'm going to see if I can drive up to north Jersey this weekend and listen to the new ones at Johnney R's place - Audio Connection. Just as an aside, he's got a CJ PV10 preamp listed for sale and I'd like to check that out as well while I'm there.