Another Vandersteen model 2 question

Sorry by keep asking questions and seeking for guidance. I just purchased a pair of 2Ci speakers. I asked Richard about the vintage and he kindly responded by telling me they are about 30 years old. I was half of my age back then and my respect doubled. Really like the sound. Now I'm thinking I must be missing so much between back then and the current new 2Ce models. I can afford them and my wife also likes the warmth and the incredible balance. The amp I'm using is my Vincent SP-331 (not the MK). Cables are run of the mill generic 12awg and bi-wired.

Thank you.

128x128kalali
@mr_m   Agreed!  I had the original 2C and the soft dome tweeter was smooth, polite and lacking in air.  When I moved to the original model 3, the dynamics were more natural but that metal dome was unforgiving.  As I upgraded to the 3A and then, even more so to the 3A Sig., the treble became more integrated with the other drivers.  No more listening to the tweeter!

I too have upgraded to the Treo CT model with the carbon tweeter and the robustly constructed cabinet.  It's just music now.  I don't even think about individual drivers.  Everything is "of a piece".  

I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the 2Ci vs. 2Ce Sig. but knowing how Richard is always working toward an increasing level of musicality in his designs, I would imagine the most recent iteration of the model 2 will be superior in musicality.

Best of luck to the OP.  I hope you can audition the speakers in your system and your environment.  Looking forward to the results!
 I had the original, mid-1980s 2C - my first "real high end" gear. I am curious how the latest in the 2 series sounds. And whether the cosmetics (a matter of taste, of course) have improved. 
My quibbles aside, it was for comparison only between the old and new Vandy 2's. I do think the Ci is still a very listenable loudspeaker and all that counts is the OP being satisfied with them or not. If he got them for a good price and they are in good condition, then his purchase is well justified.
I paid $450 and if I didn't know they were 30 years old, cosmetically I would have thought they were brand new. No blemishes on the socks and not even a scratch on the wood pieces. The guy I bought them from was an audio nut running them with a pair of Pass Labs XA60.8 monoblocks and needless to say they sounded fantastic. I'm going to see if I can drive up to north Jersey this weekend and listen to the new ones at Johnney R's place - Audio Connection. Just as an aside, he's got a CJ PV10 preamp listed for sale and I'd like to check that out as well while I'm there. 
Interesting comments about the 2Ci's, CE's and Sigs.  Its also what you got running them and the synergy that makes or breaks the sound too.

I had a pair of 1B's many years back running with a Creek 5050 int amp.  I think I would have liked some higher powered separates with a beefier sound to them, enjoyable, but lacking in overall transparency