Advice on how to liquidate system

Few weeks ago, I sustained traumatic blast induced hearing loss during a training incident. The level of hearing loss and tinnitus is pretty bad, I’ve had only a minimal level of improvement. midrange and upper frequencies sound like a 1970’s transistor radio. Horrible. The reality of the situation is looking like my audiophile days are pretty much over. Now I’m thinking of what to do with the gear…the thought of dismantling my rig and selling piece by piece is nauseating. Are there any resources that would come in and take it all? At this point I really don’t give a crap about being lowballed, it’s aggravating to look at what Ive put so much time and effort into and not be able to enjoy it. I need to move on.  

128x128jl1ny

I empathize with your current situation. I had a temporary  loss of hearing in my right ear due to trauma 18 month later my hearing was at 70 to 80%.  Give it time friend. 

Sorry about your trauma.  I would sit on selling the system, as you might regain some hearing over the next year.  Also, are you a candidate fora cochlear implant?

Now 70 with very good hearing, however 30 years ago after working in munitions testing I have severe tinnitus, does it get better, does your hearing or, more likely, your brain, adapt?  I don't know but your hearing may well change, for the better with time. I sold excellent hifi gear and installed costly theatre system more for the family than me, now back with near audiophile gear.  Try headphones with good eq set up and patience. Good luck.

I’m really sorry for your problem and I wish you to get better. I think if you sell peace by peace you could sell it for more money. Same happened to my friend who was hunter. Ones, for his new hunting season he decided to switch his caliber for bigger one and new rifle was several inches shorter. At the end of the season his hearing loss was dramatic. It was also end of lovely hobby for the guy. :(

I'm in the don't sell group. Sorry about your situation. FWIW silence helps me. I'm assuming you work in a noisy environment and may benefit from more frequent ear protection use. Maybe even double up. Good luck and try to be patient.