Acoustic Zen - blown tweeter - out of business? replacement?

I have picked up a nice early pair of AZ Adagio and they have a tweeter that is not working. I have emailed AZ and no response. I have called them multiple times, they seem to have a cell phone as their business phone and the voice mail is the default message and the voicemail is full. I have tried to contact several dealers listed on the website and they either don't list the product any longer, the store no longer exists/no website, or they haven't dealt with AZ in a long time. So, any news out there? anyone know the fate of AZ? Surely they don't make that ribbon tweeter, right? Any clue who does? does not look familiar to me. Anyone used another tweeter successfully? Thanks for your help and suggestions.Zen Adagio Tweeter

dcsalling

I doubt AZ makes their own drivers so have you gone to madisound  to compare tweeters?  Maybe checking the resistance of the working unit can help narrow the choices

If I was you I would call Millersound speaker repair and inquire with Bill regarding the possibility of repairing your tweeter?  They are absolutely top notch.

Finally got an answer on the phone, will be sending the tweeter in for repair!  Hopefully it will turn out great!!

Thanks for the Millersound recommendation.  The AZ tweets are proprietary as far as I can tell.. thank goodness there is someone at AZ.

Sorry for the delayed answer... life has had me busy.  I received the tweeter back from repair and it still took me a month to get around to installing it.  It takes solder connections, so it isn't just sliding on the connectors and screwing it to the cabinet.  This is the better way to connect drivers, just had to get my soldering rig out.  The new tweeter works Great!... now there is balance to the system and I can get to enjoying some music again.  Acoustic Zen is alive and well, a small company stretched to the limits perhaps with time, but once you get in contact with them, speedy response and fantastic results.