Acoustic Zen Adagio or Revel F208?

I have kind of narrowed it down to these two speakers for a bedroom system. Due to being in a bedroom with the bed and furniture I will not have an ideal setup. I am looking for a speaker that will sound decent at lower volumes. I do have a sub and have an older Coda CSiB integrated. Any input on these choices would be appreciated.

Ag insider logo xs@2xpal

I have owned both. However, I'm thinking that both are too large for a bedroom system, especially with the high quality monitors both manufacturers make. The Adagio juniors are fantastic and offer the same sound as the adagio's. The m126bes paired with a good 8"sub will be more than enough for a bedroom system.

However, if you set on the floor standards, I would probably go with the adagio's as they present better my opinion

I concur as to the F208s.  I had a pair, well, still have them but not seeing much use.  Seem a bit big for a typical sized bedroom.    

Simao: Thanks for the input. Nice to hear from someone that has experience with both speakers. I do kind of want to use a small floor standing speaker.

12many: What was it about the Revel that made you shy away from using them?

I don't know if I would characterize either those models as particularly small. I mean, compared to some of the high-end behemoths they are but if you're looking for a small floor stander, you might consider something from totem or silver line or even the reference 3A Veena

Some really good deals on Revel right now. There is a pair of 226be for $3500 on music direct’s website. Probably fit your room and comes with a much better tweeter. I have bought from them before and had good service. 

James633: I checked music direct and did not see the 226be’s for $3500. That would be a good deal.

Hmm that pair must have sold already.

there is still a white and grey pair for $4680. Often the odd colors are cheaper as they are harder to sell I guess. Click on the colors to see the different prices. I bought a pair of grey 228be almost 1/2 off from them and used them for a year or so. They were marked as open box but showed up with the plastic film still on them. I ended up liking the grey more than I expected. All the painted Revels look pretty plasticky though and the plastic parts don’t help the look. But I have heard nothing sound better in their price range… just different  

Darn, I would have jumped on them at $3500. I see the only ones in stock are the walnut at full price. I doubt they will be getting more as the performa line is being discontinued.

I assume they are just discontinuing the older Performa line or is the Performa Be line also being discontinued? I always assumed the Be were the replacements and I was surprised they kept making the performa line. 

If you are deal shopping Revel’s sister company (JBL) also has sales going. These JBL HDI 3600s are worth looking into (1/2 off, $1900 a pair, in oak or grey) if you like a horn sound. I switched from revel to JBL and feel it was a very positive change. The more controlled directivity works well for small rooms. If you are into soft music/jazz the Revel would probably be better with their wide flat dispersion they throw a big soundstage, but I like the added dynamics of JBL and listen to rock and modern stuff, more or less.   

https://www.audioadvice.com/jbl-hdi-3600-2-5-way-floorstanding-speaker

Measurements here. 

You would probably find the first post of this thread linked below interesting. There is a direct comparison to the F208 and 226be. Also the JBL 3800 vs F208. 

Ended up with Revel M126be speakers. They will arrive tomorrow. Hope I made the right decision.