What would you upgrade next ??

My system is finally sounding pretty good. Actually gives me goosebumps. But I'm always looking for the "weak link" in the system. I'd like opinions on what to upgrade next. I'm looking for retrieval of micro-details, air and space around each instrument and voice, 3D imaging, "palpability" of all the voices and instruments. Here is my system:
CDP: Arcam FMJ CD23T
Pre: ARC SP3c (complete upgrade/restoration at factory)
Pwr: ARC VT100 MkII (just re-tubed)
Spkrs: Acoustic Zen Adagio
Sub: Focal JM Labs SW900
Interconnect and Spkr Cables: Analysis Plus
Other: Speltz Autoformer set for 2X, use 8 ohms taps.

Thanks for your inputs.
MABonn
mabonn
Actually gives me goosebumps.
Mabon
3/21/08

Mabon, you say your system gives you goose bumps? Good God man! that is what is called "an emotionally involving system." That is what we all strive for and many do not achieve even having spent many thousands of dollars! You have what is called "synergy" with the components you've chosen. That my friend is worth holding on to. I would definitely keep the core of the system (amp /speakers) for sure. Your source would be the one area where you may want to focus. I'd suggest keeping the one you have (the Arcam) while auditioning other cdps head to head against it. Once you find a player that brings you more emotional involvement than the Arcam, then keep that and you're free to sell the Arcam if you choose. If you can afford to do this, then that's my advice. You're very fortunate to have put together the right components for the all important amp-speaker synergy. That's half the battle in my opinion.
Good listening!
Eldartford..
People like Mabonn are coming here to AudiogoN for answers.
All you are doing is posing more questions that have nothing to do with the Mabonn's question.
All this does is focus the attention on you unjustifiably.
This is also what a politician does to make themselves look smart, when in fact they know very little.
Mabonn...your system, by your own admission, is already special!

I have to agree, in theory and experience, with the others here that have recommended tweaking your room and speaker placement. Often there is so much unrealized potential in our equipment due to simply overlooking the basics.

Once that is done...take all the money you've saved and buy lots of music and a bottle of your favorite beverage then ENJOY!!!

Good listening!
Bowbow...A suggestion to Mabonn is to buy a DAC. In that context my question regarding DAC superiority vs D/A in a good player is relevant. The one with the superiority complex is you...IMHO of course.