Where are the female Audiophiles?

Based on my limited experience, I would guess that 98% of Audiophiles are male. But 51% of our population is female. What gives?

In this age where females and males are equally represented in Universities and in the Professions, why is this still true?

I would guess that it is a cultural thing, can't be genetic can it?
Is it different in other parts of the World?
hdomke
Just to add to what Pzuckerman said, if you don't think that women can be technical, ask them to figure out a phone or pick the optimal phone plan. I have absolutely no idea about either, yet every woman I have ever met has an inate understanding of these things.
So what if woman have better hearing? Does having great eyesight make you a great artist? Does having great tastebuds make you a great chef?

Having great of any of the above things usually makes you a good critic? Woman are better critics on any subject right?
I agree, they are smarter. Thank goodness or men would have vanished long ago.
Hey, I'm a female audiophile! Not all women shop for shoes, you know! Men audiophiles don't take women audiophiles seriously, that's the problem! The few female audiophiles there may be on Audiogon will agree with me. When I go shopping for new gear and the seller (always a man) doesn't know me, he just takes me to a room where all cheap hi-fi gear is stored. When I tell them what exactly it is I'm after, they just frown and look at me in a funny kind of way (could that be a mocking way?), but soon we talk business. So you see, guys, there are some serious female audiophiles here on Audiogon! Happy Holidays and Happy Listening!