Report from Rocky Mountain AudioFest

First day at fest...Heard some pretty good sound...speakers from PSB (new Symphony line), Tyler Audio, Acoustic Zen (new Crescendo is really good), Wilson Benesch were most memorable. Also appreciated chatting with reps from Audio Research, Acoustic Zen, PSB...and members of audio press (Jonathan Scull). BUT, overall, sound is WAY too loud for anyone who cares about his hearing or evaluating sound. And, there was a surprising amount of truly bad sound. Also, it seems like the only music being demo'd was percussion tracks and cuts by any number of women with an acoustic guitar. At the end of the day, my ears hurt and I had a headache and reaffirmed my feeling that the ONLY way to evaluate equipment is in my home...Maybe my impressions will be more favorable after a cocktail and some aspirin. Cheers to all!
77jovian
gentlemen:

whoever enjoyed the sound in the apogee room i have a question:

was the exhibitor a gentleman who restores apogee speakers
, or is apogee back in production ?
I have a leaflet from the room and their heading is 'Truesoundworks'. They have pricing for the bass panels, Mid+tweeter, midrange, tweeter, but for ribbon pricing one has to call Apogee Acoustics. The models they do are; Caliper, Duetta, Diva, Scintilla and a 'Full range'.
Contact details [email protected]
Tel:775 267 4244.
Thats all the Info I have, dunno If anyone more clued up than me knows anything else.
Apogee is back in limited production...the new model is called the "Apogee Duetta Encore" ...I think?

Dave
I forgot about the Symposium/Emotive Audio room. I loved that room!

Maril555, I visited the Doshi/ATC room. Nick is a delightful guy. They had the Active 100's playing and the Once TT, which I mentioned above. Great sound in that room, not surprisingly.
Graz in Australia now has the Apogee brand name and has a couple of models, the most recent being a brand new from the ground up/ more powerful magnets Duetta Encore which was supposed to be at the show but didn't make it in time. Rich, who was at the show, was displaying a rebuilt Duetta with Graz ribbons, essentially a new speaker/crossover but with the old Duetta frame and magnets. Rich at the info from Gawdbless above would be the one to contact about Graz new speaker and /or rebuilds of the older Apogees.