Report from Rocky Mountain AudioFest

First day at fest...Heard some pretty good sound...speakers from PSB (new Symphony line), Tyler Audio, Acoustic Zen (new Crescendo is really good), Wilson Benesch were most memorable. Also appreciated chatting with reps from Audio Research, Acoustic Zen, PSB...and members of audio press (Jonathan Scull). BUT, overall, sound is WAY too loud for anyone who cares about his hearing or evaluating sound. And, there was a surprising amount of truly bad sound. Also, it seems like the only music being demo'd was percussion tracks and cuts by any number of women with an acoustic guitar. At the end of the day, my ears hurt and I had a headache and reaffirmed my feeling that the ONLY way to evaluate equipment is in my home...Maybe my impressions will be more favorable after a cocktail and some aspirin. Cheers to all!
77jovian
Hey, anyone notice the two blind guys bumping around the hotel? One of them was me, the other was our friend Guidocorona. I was shocked by all the Wilson speakers in that I liked them a lot and had never before liked any I've heard at dealers. The Sophias, I thought, sounded great in the too-small Audio Research room. The Maxx and WP8s were nothing short of spectacular, IMHO.
Favorites for me were the Thiel 3.7s driven by Simaudio electronics and the two Soundings rooms with Vienna Acoustics speakers well setup. The Ask-the-Editors forum with the TAS crew was also fun. It was nice to meet them as nice, normal, if such can be said about audiophiles, guys.
Pscialli - I did notice one blind gentleman on Sunday, although I don't know who it was.

I too found the Wilsons to sound exceptional. Never really liked them much before, but the Maxx and Sophias were very impressive.
Did anyone hear Nick Doshi ALAAP preamp, presented by Paragon Audio, with ATC speakers and Once Analog TT?
I'd be curious to hear opinions?
Unfortunately, I couldn't attend myself.
No one so far has mentioned my favorite room---the Symposium/Emotive Audio room. The combination of the Symposium ribbon tweeter/planar magnetic panels/transmission line subwoofer with Emotive tube electronics and Symposium platforms and racks was a total winner to me. The music had a spine-tingling clarity and realism, even with cd. The speakers won't win any awards for good looks, but I would dearly love to have a set in my music room.

Dave
gentlemen:

whoever enjoyed the sound in the apogee room i have a question:

was the exhibitor a gentleman who restores apogee speakers
, or is apogee back in production ?