solution for a very bright room?

will the Tact or Lyngdorf correction devices eliminate the need for acoustic treatments in a very bright room?.....composite tile floor, sliding glass doorwalls and minimal leather furniture
desoto
Duke,
The system will be created from scratch.....what about components and speakers specifically chosen for the room??
The room size is about 15x25.
"what about components and speakers specifically chosen for the room??"

That will definitely help, but it won't provide a total cure. You have *got* to damp at least one of those reflective surfaces and preferably two that are are not facing each other. Find some suitable art, plants, screens, cushions, etc. or go whole hog and get some professional sound absorption/diffusion devices.

It would probably be well worth your money to engage the services of a pro. If you're anywhere near Virginia, Rives has earned a great reputation amongst Audiogoners...

-RW-
RW--are you implying you need to be near Virginia for Rives services? We do work all of the world (mostly US, but oversears as well), predominantly through our dealer network. We are based in Iowa. Just didn't want anyone to think we were limited in areas where we do design work.

As to the other points, the room does need to be treated. You can't reduce reverberation times with any signal processor.
"We do work all of the world (mostly US, but oversears as well), predominantly through our dealer network. We are based in Iowa."

Oooops, my bad. Sorry about that. I coulda sworn you were based in Va - time for that 2nd cup of coffee. Maybe it will wash down the taste of that foot I had in my mouth...

-RW- I *did* say you have a great reputation here.
If you can't do a lot of treatments (at least put up some cornerbusters of a soffit system that incorporates treatments). Then make sure to setup a near field listening position. And look for a speaker like Wilson's where they are aimed directly at the listener to lessen the side wall interactions. some speakers require them to be faced forward to create the soundstage instead of towed in.

I own a Tact and it does help, but you have to upgrade the powersupply for it to be considered depending on the level of your system. Now I own the 2.2x and I use to own the M2150 integrated and that was a bargain slayer. and yes the 9 eq modes can be used to make unbearable recording listenable. Sub integration is amazing when used with 2 DAC cards because of the flexibility of placing the speakers in the best position for naturalness and imaging and not being concerned about bass.