Best Place for Negative Reviews?

As I've started reading more reviews of audio equipment, I'm noticing a discouraging trend: They're all positive! If I read one more article that says "this (insert component here) competes with anything 3 times its price!" one more time, I may completely lose faith in reviewers.

And maybe everything above a certain price range sounds good to certain people...but that's the kind of undiscerning ear that doesn't help me learn about which components I should seek to audition.

Is it just me, or do we need more reviewers who put a stake in the ground and just decide which components actually ARE the best values, and which ones you really are just getting what you pay for?
128x128heyitsmedusty
Audio is a very, underline very, subjective experience/hobby/addiction.
Reviewers do their best,giving them the benefit of the doubt, but they, like we have their biases. Do you really like hard rock and the thump of a drumkit or are you more into classical with strings or period instruments? Either way what you hear is going to be based on what you expect, based itself on experience, and to a degree what you hoped it would sound like. What it is really like may be neither which can be either better or worse.
Viridian mentioned the Harmonic Technology Cyberlights that John Atkinson gave a solid negative to and Michael Fremer went into hyberbole hell over. Had that been my only exploration of them, my experience might have been different. But, on stereophiles website are the reviews and some unpublished letters, one in which Fremer stands by his statements BUT does not recommend them, nor are they in Stereophile's latest recommended components.
This got me curious, so when a chance to audition them came up, it was taken eagerly.
Like Michael Fremer, they wowed me, but not enough to buy them, where my pockets deeper, sure for a spare set to use only occassionally yes. What they do, they do wonderfully what they lack for me from a phonostage to preamp was after much thought enough to say no.
The rule should be read, read, read and audition. Nothing else gets it home to you as to what it will do and what it will do in your system. A reviewer can only do so much and again like us, they have what works and what doesn't
"Face it, you're on your own. We all are.."

This is true of life itself and makes me cry myself to sleep every night like a big baby
Post removed 
I agree with Audiofeil, look at the pictures, read the physical description. If it sounds interesting listen for yourself.
Reviewers listening impressions really mean nothing to me. They've all become like Stereo Review magazine in the 70's and 80's under Julian Hirsch.

"Of all the amplifiers I've heard, this wonderful amp is definitely one of them." Very enlightening.

IMHO, I find much more information about sonic qualities in on-line discussion forums like this. Just make sure you understand the posters listening bias' (We all have them).

John