Crank it up just once

Howdy. I did a couple of searches & really didn't come up with a good thread. I have the notion of wanting to crank the heck out of my system just once. We all have a lot of mmoney invested in our systems & frankly I am seriously paranoid about frying something. BUT it would be a gas to try it a time or two. Maybe a little Dark Side of the Moon, both sides start to finish..? Any insight on doing it without fritzing something? System is; Krell KRC2, pre; Krell KPE Reference phono; Krell FPB300cx, main: Krell Infinity Rennaisance 90 speakers. Highest I have had it is a little past 1:00 (volume)with the gain on high. And that is with the phono. Maybe 12:00 with th CD player. Room is big enough, but my nerve isn't.
jsd52756
Shadorne has a good point about distortion and blowing speakers.

If your KRC2 drives your FPB300cx to clipping (which might be audible), your mids and tweeters are in danger. Also, if you can hear bass distortion, it could easily be caused by the woofers being overdriven, a prelude to blowing out.

Accordingly, I wouldn't turn it up beyond the point where it stops sounding good.
Jameswei nailed it! All audiophiles will pretty much agree about "the point where it stops sounding good."! That's the best guide you have.
"Back in the day" I fried two ADS L810 tweeters during a party. I could blame it on the disco music (it was the 80's - ugh!), but I got to believe it was caused by bridging the NAD's. Oh well, I got new tweeters. Have some fun. BTW, good power usually works fine, while not enough power will almost always fry something.
The other night my buddy and I, fueled by Victory Brewing Co. Golden Monkey Ale, listerally made the rafters shake with DSOTM. My friend, who is a musician and not an audiophile, pointed something out about "audiophile systems" in relation to "normal" consumer systems - louder doesn't seem that loud because of the lack of obvious distortion. It's almost dangerous...
Thanks to all the educational, humorous, synical & negative notes. That's what makes this site so cool. You folks are the best. Got it all. Time to listen to some quality tunes.
Best regards to all, John