Any guidance for buying used tubes?

Preamp tubes, to be a bit more specific. If I get info from the seller regarding amount of use, what else would be helpful in deciding whether to purchase?
tonyptony
Don’t! Buying used tubes is like buying a used Tooth Brush. Stick to NOS and New from dealers you trust. Sometimes you pay a little more but a good dealer provides service, such as advice and testing.
Buy them from a reputable dealer. Try Brent Jesse Recording. He has an ample supply of tubes. He sells new, NOS and used tubes. They are rigorously tested and he guarantees them. He has a very user friendly website.

I will not buy used tubes from a seller that won't stand behind the products they sell. I have been burned by well intentioned sellers on eBay and Audiogon. They sing all kinds of praise about their tubes. Two weeks later one tube fails. you give them a call and they try to blame you or your equipment. BTW, I don't work for and am not related to Brent Jesse Recording. Good Luck.
Used tubes can be valuable if you are just starting to roll tubes and are not sure exactly what you are looking for. Costing far less, you can experiment until you find the best match. Then buy NOS. Doesn't make sense buying expensive NOS if you are not sure you will like them or not. Then you're in the same boat as the guy you're looking to buy from.