Need Guidance with Sound Parameter Settings on Marantz AV7702mkII

System is:
* Marantz AV7702mkII
* Marantz MM7055 - driving Triad Silver Center, L&R Surround and L&R Back Surround in-ceiling speakers
* Marantz MM7025 - driving Sonus Faber Cremona L&R floor standing speakers
* REL T/5.1 Subwoofer

1). We watch TV shows and movies through Comcast Xfinity’s latest 4k DVR box, which is connected to the 7702mkII by a high quality HDMI 2.0) cable. In the Xfinity box’s Audio settings section I am offered a choice of AUTO DETECT (Dolby Digital 5.1) or EXPERT MODE (The best available Dolby sound will be passed through to your audio system).

WHICH should I choose?

2). THEN, on the Marantz AV7702mkII there is ambiguity (at least for me) on the proper settings. The manual says to first use the MOVIE button to scroll through the available Modes: Stereo (probably not?), Dolby Surround (maybe Yes?), DTS Neural:X (no idea what that is), Mutli Ch Stereo (probably no) and Virtual (whatever that is).

3). Then things get really confusing on the Marantz with additional settings for Direct playback, Pure Direct and Auto surround playback. It seems like some of these compete with, or defeat, each other. The manual is worthless because it only describes the various settings without suggesting WHY or WHEN you would use them. Should I leave these alone and just go with the correct MOVIE Mode?

BTW, all 7.1 speakers have been optimized using the full Audyssey detection in the 8 listening positions, using a tripod.

Any suggestions on how to best set up the system?

Thank you so much in advance of your thoughts on this.
ttcarrera