Boltz CD racks?

I am considering purchasing a Boltz CD rack and am wondering if anyone has experience with these racks on berber carpets? They look like they could easily topple? I know they offer a wall mount stabilizing bar to ensure that this doesn't happen, but I would love to be able to use these without putting any holes in the walls! Any thoughts/experiences would be appreciatedv - thanks!
jh2os
Don't understand how wall bracket works. Fork of bracket is meant to ride the rod but the only place this can occur, for it to be pressed and not slip out, is between the threaded wing nut and the acorn nut. To do this, you would have to jam the fork into the threaded end of the rod which basically ruins the threading and offers a very poor solution for adjustment, etc.

Also, CD's do fall over the edge whish is a pain and instructions are not very clear. All in all, I'm not satisfied with the Boltz CD Rack and don't understand why it is recommended by Stereophile.
Interesting responding to a thread where the last comment was over 7 years ago. No matter, I have both the largest CD rack & DVD rack doubled up and have never needed the wall bracket. As to why I like them, they are minimalist looking which I like, & frankly, I hate the look of wood.
Skipnie, I'm sorry that you're having problems with your Boltz rack. Is it possible that you have it tilted a little towards the inside of the room if your CD's are falling out? I never had that issue.

Boltz has good customer service, so just call them or send them an e-mail if you have any questions.

Michael
My Boltz rack sits on a wood floor... I put little clear plastic bumpers under the legs to tilt them towards the wall.
my issue as a long time Boltz owner was that once a CD fell, it went all the way through to the ground. PITA product despite the nice, minimalist look.