UPS Tracking Question

I just purchased a new CDP. The seller gave me a tracking # and said it was shipped on Monday. I went into the UPS system today and the have an "electronic billing which does not indicate that the unit was picked up or dropped off" and there is no information as to its present location (if not still at the senders). Is this normal? Or should I do something?
newbee
I have had that happen several times. Once because the seller dropped the item off at a kinkos or Mail Boxes Etc., to be packed by them, and they entered the UPS billing info, but took a while to actually pack it up and ship it. So that could be it, and I have had several packages that miss the scan thingy, whether it's at a transfer station, or just the pick-up spot, but they usually show up on time. The first situation, though, it should up a week late, because MBE didn't pack the thing and held it for a week or something. Go to the UPS tracking page and either call or email them your question. Once I checked and it said my package was in Indiana or something, been there a couple of days, so I sent UPS an email, and asked, "How come my package has been stuck in Indian for the last three days?", and the package showed up that afternoon, before they got back to me. And then I looked like a dumb A$$ because the reply said, "Uh, it's already delivered." I'd Call UPS and also the seller, they should be more than willing to work with you
I have had the problem with Fed Ex but not UPS

I would give it a day and try again
I've had something like this occur twice - once with UPS, and the item had been sent to the wrong place, dropped, and largely destroyed by the time it got to me. Once with FEDEX, and the item was lost in their dist facility - where it sat for 3 days.

You should call them and ask them what's going on.