Is Star Sound Technologies out of business?

I didn't know where to post this....I was trying to check out the audiopoints, but most of the www.audiopoints.com Web site just shows the dreaded box with the red X, can't seem to open up the pages.

Are they gone, or is it just a server problem??

OakIris/Holly
oakmoss93f2
Holly, don't be concerned, you did nothing wrong.
Computers do strange things sometimes.
I understand completely.
I'm happy that you got the info you were looking for.
Thanks Tom - your understanding makes it a lot better!

I was looking for a replacement Audiopoint - I managed to snap off one on my equipment stand when I was moving it. The stand alone weighs 350 lbs so I can't lift it, so I have to sort of "walk it" into place. I put too much of a an angle on one of the Audiopoints, realizing that you aren't supposed ever do this, and "snap" went the threaded insert....

Anyway, turns out I won't be able to replace it - it snapped off inside the tap in the equipment stand leg and there is nothing to grab on to in order to unscrew the part that is still attached to the leg. That leg is now sitting on a couple of pieces of metal - quite elegant, I am sure! :-~

Holly
Holly there are procedures that allow you to remove the threaded shaft of the Audiopoint and then replace the point with a new one. Of course you will probably need some help in unloading and moving your equipment stand to perform this surgery. There are alot of Audiogon members out there, maybe one in your area could lend a hand..Where are you?.. the other Tom
You could try a metal tap, that is predrilled into the bolt and then a strange looking drill bit backs the broken thread out of the hole. You might try to find somebody who has done this sort of thing before since I broke a tap off in a motorcyle valve cover.My dad just shrugged his shoulder and brought out the Silicone past!!My vavle cover was never the same and leaked until I paid to fix it by a pro. Good luck!!
HOLLY

go to your local auto parts store (preferably not a chain store) & ask them for an "easy out" they are pretty cheap & are designed to remove threaded bolts by drilling a hole in the center of the bolt then putting the easy out in the hole,while you loosening the screw the easy out will be tightening itself due to reverse threads.

it all sounds bad but it should only take about 10 minutes to remove the broken shaft.

mike.